Points to be known:-
- Media is about all the ways you can get information — books, e-media, magazines, newspapers, radio, and television.
- In present generation media is playing a very important role.
- Media is a freedom of speech especially in democratic countries.
- Media played a big role in getting independence to India as it created awareness in people.
- Through media, we can know the happenings around us.
- It is the communication from the country to country.
- We can know the jobs available and products available through advertising.
- It helps people to realize their duties.
- It helps citizens realize how people in the army lay their lives to save ours.
- It helps the country fight against issues like terrorism.
- It helps to punish the criminals soon.
- Media is reducing corruption by creating fear to take bribe as it is showing the pictures of the people who are taking bribe.
- In Mumbai attacks (26/11), media caused increase of the problem. Terrorists were able to see what's happening there, and threw greneds at the commandos.
- Media creates a hype of everything.
- Through media rumors are spreading on celebrities.
- Most of the times their allegations are not true. This puts lives of many people and their career at stake.
- News channels want to create a sensation in order to gain audience attention instead of giving the actual information to the people.
- News channels are showing people, several ways to kill, and rob etc. By this number of criminals is increasing day by day.
- Some politicians are using news channels to show news in their favor. People cannot able to know the actual truth as different channel says the matter differently.
- It is making criminals as celebrities.
Govt. should limit the no. of news channels and must regulate the channels which are already present. Media